Recipe by Dancer^
The popular flavours of beef and pizza combine for an easy meal the entire family will love.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Very flavorful. Had already taken the steaks out of the freezer when something came up which made it impossible to finish. I had just completed step 6. Topped the steaks with the sauce and froze. When defrosted, warmed them up and continued the directions. Family loved them. Will have again.
- 1 lb beef minute steaks, cut in four pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can pizza sauce or 1 3⁄4 cups of your favourite pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (mozzarella or parmesan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown steaks in a large oiled skillet over medium high heat about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add 2 tbsps.
- water, green pepper, onion and garlic to skillet; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in pizza sauce and simmer 3 to 5 minutes to blend flavours.
- Return steaks and any accumulated juices to skillet and spoon sauce over top.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of steaks.
- Cover and heat 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve with pasta and salad or spread slices of toasted Italian bread with sauce and top with steaks for an open-faced sandwich.