1/1 Photo of Low Fat Pita Chips
Kozmic Blues's Note:
These are delicious, and very low in fat! I've served these with all sorts of dips, salsas, or hummus, and they always disappear-even before all the store bought chips or crackers. Feel free to experiment with the different spices shaken over the tops. Cumin is great for Mexican dips, but the Garlic Powder works really well too. Cayene pepper might be nice too if you like things a bit more spicy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Cut each pita into 8 pieces, and then separate the pita"halves" to make 16 triangles per pita.
- 2Spray baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- 3Arrange chips in a single layer on the baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- 4I usually need two baking sheets to fit all the chips in one single layer.
- 5Sprinkle each tray with half of either the cumin, garlic powder, OR onion powder, depending on your preference.
- 6Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Bake until chips are crisp, about 10-15 minutes.
- 8The pita chips can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container for several days.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Pita Chips
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 141.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 2.4 g