1/1 Photo of Low-Fat Pita Chips
I think these are better than full-fat tortillas, and they cost about 30 cents to make. Try them with hummous, salsa, or any other dip in the entire world. I even eat them plain with some Red Hot or Tabasco sprinkled on.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2With scissors, cut pitas around the outside into 2 rounds each.
- 3Whisk together egg white and olive oil.
- 4Brush this onto the insides of the four pita rounds.
- 5Season however you want.
- 6I've used garlic powder, cajun seasoning, greek seasoning, cayenne pepper, curry powder- all delicious.
- 7Stack the rounds and cut them into 8 triangles.
- 8Spread in single layer onto baking sheet, seasoned side up, and bake for about 15 minutes, making sure they are no longer soft, but not too brown.
- 9Store (I've never gotten around to this part) in an air-tight container or bag.
- 10Mmmmmm, guilt-free snacking.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Pita Chips
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.6
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 174.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.6 g