Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Light and Refreshing and will satisfy your cravings for something Sweet!
- 2 (16 ounce) containers non fat small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) container fat-free cool whip (Thawed)
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple, in their own juice (No Syrup added)
- 3 (3 ounce) boxes sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup of crushed pecans (optional) or 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Bring Pineapples (do not drain) and dry Jello to a simmer or slow boil and remove from heat.
- Let Cool.
- Mix Thawed Cool Whip with the Cottage Cheese.
- Add the Jello and Pineapple mixture to the Cool Whip and the Cottage Cheese (and the Nuts if you like).
- Be sure to mixed Thoroughly!
- Refrigerate until set.
- Usually 6-8 hours and its good to go!
- Top with a dollop Cool Whip and Enjoy!
I made this today for Thanksgiving and the Think Pink event. I skipped the nuts as DH dislikes any nut in anything he eats. This is very good. It creamy tasting and Pretty In Pink, even the pineapple colors red. It was very well accepted by everyone and a couple of people took seconds.
NICE & REFRESHING! I did keep toasted pecans on the side & let guests sprinkle as much as they wanted on top of the Cool Whip! Another time I'd like try doing the same think with some candied pecans! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Think Pink Tag Game in Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness]