A friend from my gym made this and I had to have the recipe! While this version doesn't taste the same as the "real thing", it's relatively guilt-free and better than not eating dessert at all! I have not made it myself yet, but I plan to very soon!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Line a round 9x1 1/2 inch pan with waxed paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Sprinkle brown sugar on waxed paper.
- 4Drain pineapple and reserve juice.
- 5Spread pineapple evenly in bottom of pan and sprinkle dry gelatin over pineapple.
- 6Using an electic hand mixer, beat eggs and egg whites on high until very thick (about 5 minutes).
- 7Gradually add sugar.
- 8Add 1/3 cup reserved pineapple juice and vanilla and beat on low speed.
- 9Gradually add flour, baking powder and salt, blending until batter is smooth.
- 10Pour batter into pan.
- 11Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- 12When done, immediately loosen cake from edge of pan with a knife and turn the pan over onto a plate.
- 13Carefully remove waxed paper.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.9
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 257.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g