Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A friend from my gym made this and I had to have the recipe! While this version doesn't taste the same as the "real thing", it's relatively guilt-free and better than not eating dessert at all! I have not made it myself yet, but I plan to very soon!
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package fat free sugar-free gelatin mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 3⁄4 cup sugar or 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a round 9x1 1/2 inch pan with waxed paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on waxed paper.
- Drain pineapple and reserve juice.
- Spread pineapple evenly in bottom of pan and sprinkle dry gelatin over pineapple.
- Using an electic hand mixer, beat eggs and egg whites on high until very thick (about 5 minutes).
- Gradually add sugar.
- Add 1/3 cup reserved pineapple juice and vanilla and beat on low speed.
- Gradually add flour, baking powder and salt, blending until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- When done, immediately loosen cake from edge of pan with a knife and turn the pan over onto a plate.
- Carefully remove waxed paper.