Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a wonderful, quick cake that lasts up to a week in the refrigerator. No guilt and great taste!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges in light syrup, undrained
- 8 ounces light whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 15 1⁄2 ounces crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together all cake ingredients until moist. Beat by hand for 2 minutes.
- Coat a 9 x 13 inches pan with nonstick spray. Pour batter into pan. Bake 30-40 minute or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Frosting: In a large bowl, mix together all frosting ingredients until well blended. Spread over cake. Store in refridgerator.
- For a multilayer cake, bake batter in two 9-inch cake pans for about 25 minute or until it tests done. Split cooled layers in half horizontally, spread with frosting and stack.
This is a very good cake. Light and refreshing, my family loved it.
Yummers!! A friend made this before, and it's really good. I decided to make it for a BBQ at my MIL's. For some reason, I thought the cake turned out a little dry, but it still tasted great!!
This cake just didn't do it for me. No guilt and no taste! Sorry!