Who doesn't want a low-fat meal? Only 5 WW points.
Make and share this Low-Fat Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen stir fry vegetables
- 1 (16 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained (serve over hot cooked rice)
- In a small bowl combine the first 6 ingredients, set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir fry chicken in oil for 5 to 6 minutes until juices run clear.
- Add vegetables& stir fry 3-4 minutes till crisp-tender.
- Stir in pineapple and soy sauce mix.
- Heat through.
Yummy! This was delightful! Fresh and light in flavour. I used grated ginger from a jar instead of dry. The sauce wasn't overpowering to the vegetables like some stir-fry sauces can be and the pineapple added a lovely touch of sweetness. I served this with brown rice.
This was very good, both myself and my boyfriend enjoyed it. I added some more spices (paprika, ground coriander, turmeric), used tomato paste instead of ketchup and Spanish thyme honey instead of sugar. The honey gave a very nice flavour to the dish and blended well with the pineapple.
This was Excellent. I have made it about 3 times already in just the last month or so, and chose to make it for a mother who just gave birth as a meal. I doubled it for their family of three eaters. I make brown rice to go with it, on the side or mixed up with it, delicious either way. This recipe is in my top 10 list for sure. It's so simple, very affordable, healthy, and yummy! What a combo. I like to cut my chicken up into smaller pieces so it spreads out in the meal better, and I also use Bragg instead of or mixed with the light soy sauce. Look it up! And I use brown sugar cause I rarely have white on hand and it all works wonderfully. Oh and olive oil instead of vegeatble. I appreciate you sharing this great recipe. May the Lord Jesus bless you with more of Himself!