Prep 12 mins
Cook 35 mins
Moist, fluffy and tastes great. Again, people have a hard time believing this is low fat! Another recipe from "Secrets of Fat Free Cooking" by Sandra Woodruff.
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups grated carrots, packed, about 5 medium
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- In a large bowl combine first 4 ingredients and stir well.
- Stir in the pineapple (including juice), milk, egg whites, and vanilla. Fold in carrot and raisins.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam and spread the batter evenly into pan. Bake at 325F for 35 minutes (can do the toothpick test at 30 min.) Cool to room temperature and enjoy!
- *Note: this cake goes well with low fat cream cheese icing or a big spoonful of fat free vanilla pudding on top!
I used 1-3/4 cup whole wheat flour & 3/4 cup unbleached flour & 2 eggs rather than 4 egg whites. An easy, delicious recipe.