Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Cheesecake is so decadent that people are reluctant to eat it, so I did a few nips and tucks to take away some of the guilt.
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat graham crackers, crushed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 32 ounces neufchatel cheese (or light cream cheese, 4-8oz pkgs)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup egg substitute (such as Egg Beaters)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, 3 tbsp sugar and melted butter thoroughtly.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan to form crust.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla thoroughly. Do not overmix, this contributes to cracking.
- Add egg slowly, mixing just enough to blend.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.