Recipe by BelovedRooster
I created this recipe as an answer to the high fat peanut sauces in restaurants and in most recipes. It is a touch sweeter than most, but I find the soy sauce and the cayenne dampens the sweetness considerably.
Top Review by A la Carte
I made this tonight and it's really good. You said it was sweet, but I didn't think so (no sweetener/sugar in the ingredients. I added two sweeteners to the sauce. This was great and thickened up nicely. I made it to go over grilled chicken. Thanks for a quick and yummy recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup better n' Peanut butter low-fat peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon pureed ginger
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 5 scallions, sliced
- 5 sprigs fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix peanut butter with hot water in a small bowl until smooth.
- Add spices, soy sauce and cornstarch and whisk to remove any lumps.
- Steam-fry veggies of choice, and add the peanut sauce when stirfry is half done.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until veggies are done and the sauce thickens.