Recipe by Londonsbk
This is a low fat recipe from Cook's Country that uses Captain Crunch cereal to enhance the peanut butter flavor and lower the fat content. Nice!
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cap'n crunch peanut butter crunch cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 5 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor, add 1/3 cup flour and cereal - pulse mixture until the cereal is finely ground. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda and salt - pulse until completely combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together 4 tablespoon softened butter, peanut butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the melted butter, egg and vanilla until combined. Add the water and mix just until absorbed.
- Scoop out the dough using a tablespoon cookie scoop and roll each piece into a ball. Use the bottom of a glass or measuring cup to flatten the cookies until they are about 1/2" thick. Use a fork to make the crosshatch on top. Bake until the cookies are lightly golden around the edges, but the centers are still soft - about 10 to 14 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.