Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a yummy Low-Fat good-for-you snack! About 150 calories and less than 2 grams of fat each, so go ahead and indulge :)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups pitted and diced fresh peaches
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, buttermilk, brown sugar, applesauce, molasses and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Stir flour mixture into eggs mixture, just until moistened.
- Fold in peaches and spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Place in preheated oven.
- While muffins are baking, combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- After 15 minutes of baking, remove muffins from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Return to oven and continue baking for 3 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
I'm sorry, but I can't give these a higher rating, either. Without any spices in the batter, the muffins turned out very bland. I'm just wondering, is the recipe correct? Because I agree with BostonMark that they might be a lot better with some cinnamon and/or nutmeg mixed in with the dry ingredients. The muffins tasted a little better slathered with butter, but that defeats the purpose of them being low fat! Sorry, Karen, but I would not make these again as is.
These muffins are only okay. Definitely like the lowfat, but not great texture or flavor. If I'd make these again, I'd add some cinnamon right into the batter.