Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is a yummy Low-Fat good-for-you snack! About 150 calories and less than 2 grams of fat each, so go ahead and indulge :)
Top Review by Kree
I'm sorry, but I can't give these a higher rating, either. Without any spices in the batter, the muffins turned out very bland. I'm just wondering, is the recipe correct? Because I agree with BostonMark that they might be a lot better with some cinnamon and/or nutmeg mixed in with the dry ingredients. The muffins tasted a little better slathered with butter, but that defeats the purpose of them being low fat! Sorry, Karen, but I would not make these again as is.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups pitted and diced fresh peaches
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, buttermilk, brown sugar, applesauce, molasses and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Stir flour mixture into eggs mixture, just until moistened.
- Fold in peaches and spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Place in preheated oven.
- While muffins are baking, combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- After 15 minutes of baking, remove muffins from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Return to oven and continue baking for 3 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.