Wonderful old WW Magazine recipe that has far less margarine than other cakes and is huge on flavor. You won't miss the fat.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 2 cups peach slices in juice, drained
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour the melted margarine into an 8 x 8 x 2" baking pan, spreading to coat bottom and sides of pan.
- Arrange peaches in bottom of pan. Place the remaining margarine in food processor; process 10 seconds; add sugar; pulse 20 seconds. Add eggs, vanilla and almond extracts and 2 tablespoons water; process 10 seconds. Scrape down sides of work bowl; add remaining ingredients. Pulse until batter thickens.
- Spread evenly over peaches.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool on rack 2 minutes. Loosen around edges with metal spatula and invert onto serving plate.