1/2 Photos of Low Fat Pea Soup With Quinoa
Low in fat and high in fiber! We added some diced ham leftover from Easter but even without it this has lots of protein and is quite filling for 2-3 people. Originally from Light & Tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat-free vegetable broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons plain fat-free yogurt (optional) or 2 teaspoons nonfat sour cream, to garnish (optional)
- 1In a small saucepan, bring water and quinoa to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for approximately 12 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in broth and peas. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for five minutes or until peas are tender.
- 3In a blender or food processor, puree soup until smooth. If you are doubling the recipe, you may need to do this in batches.
- 4Return all to the pan. Stir in the salt, pepper and quinoa (and diced ham if adding); heat through.
- 5Garnish each serving with 1 teaspoon yogurt or sour cream if desired.
- 6For Vegetarian use the vegetable broth and for vegan omit the yogurt/sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Pea Soup With Quinoa
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.9
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 298.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free vegetable broth