1/2 Photos of Low Fat Pastitsio
The Internet Highway inspires me! SO much to do, so much to see! Low fat? Tasty as can be? Hope you will try this and you will see!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon fat free chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 ounces portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 6 ounces 90% lean ground beef
- 16 ounces tomatoes, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 3 cups nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 8 tablespoons fat-free parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1COOK pasta and DRAIN.
- 2NOTE: Can be any kind of pasta; I like rigatoni.
- 3In non stick pan, heat chicken broth and saute onion and mushrooms until soft; ADD ground beef and cook until brown.
- 4ADD chopped tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, cinnamon.
- 5STIR until most of the liquid evaporates (About 7 minutes).
- 6NOTE: Can use 2 400g canned tomatoes as well.
- 7NOTE: Can use 12 ounces of 10 percent beef and omit mushrooms.
- 8In same saucepan that pasta was cooked in, COMBINE eggs, milk and cornstarch (also called cornflour).
- 9CONSTANTLY stir over low heat for 10 minutes.
- 10REMOVE from heat, add fat free parmesan cheese and nutmeg.
- 11In large baking dish, LAYER 1/2 pasta, 1/2 tomato sauce then remaining pasta and remaining tomato sauce.
- 12COVER with white sauce; make sure to cover all pasta.
- 13BAKE for 35 minutes at 170°C (325F).
- 15NOTE: Taste tomato sauce mixture and adjust to your preference; ie if you do not like that much garlic, use 2 or 3 cloves.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Pastitsio
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.0
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 172.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 14.3 g