Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Low-Fat Italian. Haven't tried yet, looks good though. Way less fat than the original version. This is different than similiar recipes on Zaar.
- 1 (16 ounce) packageuncooked linguine
- 2 teaspoons margarine or 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups Canadian bacon, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute or 1⁄2 cup any refrigerated fat-free liquid egg product
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta.
- Melt butter in saucepan, add bacon, garlic and onions. Cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to bacon mixture.
- Stir in egg product, milk and pepper.
- Cook 1 minute or until warmed through.
- Toss with cheese and enjoy!