Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy and quick - adapted from a Super Food Ideas magazine from 2004
- 400 g dried spaghetti
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 175 g diced rindless bacon
- 1 large brown onion, finely diced
- 3 eggs
- 75 g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Cook pasta according to packet directions till tender.
- Lightly spray frypan with oil.
- Cook bacon and onion about 5 minutes till golden.
- Drain pasta when it is ready and return to hot saucepan.
- Whisk eggs in a jug with a fork.
- Stir quickly in to pasta, coating all strands.
- Add bacon mixture, parmesan and parsley.
- Season to taste.
- Heat through for 2 minutes over low heat.
- Serve immediately.
I loved being able to leave out the cream! Thanks for a delicious alternative recipe. Made for a pretty normal Tuesday evening. :)
This was quick and easy to put together and have on the table! I used a shallot and dried parsley but otherwise made as directed. It was a nice change from spaghetti and meat sauce or one of the boxed pastas that my DS's love! Made for Everyday Holiday.
I liked this easy and quick recipe, but next time I will drain off part of the bacon grease. Thanks Katew for posting. Made for the Chic Chefs for Zaar World Tour 4 Zingo.