Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tropical treat! When you choose your Papaya pick one that is mottled green and orange. They have more flavor than the straight yellow. Lovely flavored dish
- 3 chicken breasts, skinless,cut in half
- 1 ripe papaya, , medium size,peeled,seeds removed,cut in chunks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice (fresh)
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth, sodium reduced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- Using a food processor, metal blade, pulse the garlic and shallot until chopped Add papaya and pulse until chopped.
- Add remaining ingredients, except chicken, puree until smoothe.
- Put chicken large zip lock bag and pour the marinade over it.
- Refrigerate, turn chicken frequently to coat it evenly.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours or up to a day.
- Take chicken out of the marinade.
- Place breasts into a Dutch oven or heavy casserole, without lid.
- Return the marinade onto the chicken, coating evenly with approximately a 1/4 inch on each breast.
- Place in 350F oven and bake until done approximately 30 minutes.
This recipe was easy to make. However, it was too 'fruity' for my taste.