Top Review by invictus
I have been making these for years (you must have the same cookbook as I do) and it is my favorite pancake recipe. I often make the sauce for crepes or waffles or even to top mix pancakes often.
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 stiffly beaten egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flours, baking powder, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Combine milk, honey and oil; add to dry ingredients.
- Stir just till moistened.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Spray a cold griddle with vegetable cooking spray.
- For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
- Cook till brown, turning when pancakes have bubbly surfaces.
- Serve with Orange Sauce.
- ORANGE SAUCE----------------.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in water and frozen orange juice concentrate.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Stir in mandarin orange sections and walnuts.
- Keep warm.