Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This a low fat pancake recipe with a little bit of a healthy kick to it. This recipe is for quite a large batch, so half it if you are not cooking for a large group. I make this in a large batch and freeze it for an easy and quick breakfast. The flavoured yogurt that I use is Yoplait Delicieux, Strawberry with Chocolate Flakes (yummm!).
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute or 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 egg white
- 4 tablespoons applesauce
- 3 cups low-fat buttermilk or 3 cups milk
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup of flavoured low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 orange, zest of
- Sift dry ingredients into medium bowl.
- Mix together wet ingredients and add to dry ingredients.
- Stir only until dry ingredients have disappeared.
- Do not over mix.
- If you find the mix is too liquid, add more flour.
- Cook on a hot griddle, flipping as needed.
Now this is a low cal, low fat pancake, finally!! Thank you