Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
A mess free meal. This meal also can be made on the grill. Cook chicken packet for 12 to 14 minutes.
- 2 reynolds aluminum foil, packets
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2⁄3 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- pasta, of your choice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place one chicken breast in each packet topped with Italian dressing.
- Sprinkle basil and Parmesan cheese on top of dressing.
- Arrange vegetables on top of chicken.
- Secure end of packet; leaving room for the heat to circulate.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes on a cookie sheet.
- While chicken is cooking, cook pasta according to package direction.
- Cut a slit in packet to let heat escape before removing chicken.
- Place chicken and vegetables on top of pasta.
- Can sprinkle more Parmesan cheese on top.
I didn't eat this myself, but made it for other people. Most people preferred to eat it without pouring it over pasta and everyone said it was tasty (and they really liked how it had so many veggies).
Definitely a mess-free meal that is very easy on the budget too! We really enjoyed this recipe for dinner and I loved that it was truly portion controlled. I would suggest flattening the chicken breasts a bit for even baking/grilling. The other thing I noticed was the cheese was messing and dripped off the chicken more than stayed on by putting it on before cooking - so I'd suggest sprinkling that on and more at the end. I did use mozzarella & parmesan cheeses just for fun. The chicken is extremely juicy and this packet has tons of flavors. I added some zucchini slices along with the fresh broccoli - it is a great combination. Thanks for sharing! Made for "The Circus is Coming" in the Photo Forum.
Excellent juicy chicken!!!!!! 5 stars.