Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
French fries have become a mainstay in the diets of the young and the old. These oven-roasted fries taste just as good as the fast-food variety and are much better for you. Grated parmesan cheese is an added bonus to these fries.
Top Review by lauralie41
Tasty potatoes that we enjoyed with our grilled hamburgers. I wasnt real good about slicing them evenly and had a few thinner ones that stuck to the foil when I turned them. Used a shredded parmesan blend cheese and for us the potatoes needed just a little more flavor. Maybe some garlic and onion powder to add when tossing. A nice change from french fries all the time. Made and reviewed for the Australian/NewZealand Forum's Recipe Swap #38.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan with heavy-duty foil; brush with 2 teaspoons of the oil. Set aside.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into 1/2-inch wedges. Transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle potato wedges with salt and pepper, tossing to coat. Arrange potato wedges in a single layer in prepared baking pan.
- Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 12 minutes. Carefully turn potato wedges; sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes more or until potatoes are tender and golden. Serve immediately.