Recipe by Merlot
Easy, tasty, low-fat says it all about these scallops!
Top Review by Chef 920429
We had your scallops for dinner last night. They are excellent! I had to make a change in the Italian bread crumbs,thought I had them in my pantry so didn't buy them.Alas,I didn't so I used garlic and herb. Scallops are so filling,and I used all that was in the package~1.40 lbs.They were previously frozen,so needed to use them right away.Had some left over,warmed them and had them for lunch. Thank you for sharing the recipe,now we can have scallops more often.Yum :0)
- 1 lb fresh scallops
- 6 tablespoons fat free egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 4 lemon wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the scallops & pat dry.
- Set aside.
- Place the egg substitute in a shallow dish.
- Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Dip scallops in the egg substitute and then roll them in the bread crumbs.
- Coat a 9 x 13 inch pan with the olive oil cooking spray and arrange the scallops in a single layer in the pan.
- Spray the tops lightly with the spray.
- Bake at 500 degrees F for about 8-10 minutes or until the scallops turn opaque and nicely browned.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle with parsley.
- Squeeze the lemon over the scallops and serve.