Recipe by Sharlene~W
I found this tender, tasty chicken recipe in a recent issue of Cooking Light. It is tender inside with a nice crisp crust! Prep time includes 1 hour of marinating time.
Top Review by Margaret3
Liked how the buttermilk made it moist--hubby liked it as is. Altho i am a huge fan of cumin, i was surprised to find that i didn't care for it here! will definitely do this again, but next time will try rosemary, garlic, basil, oregano, etc.
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 chicken breast halves, skinned (about 1 pound)
- 2 chicken drumsticks, skinned (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 chicken thighs, skinned (about 1/2 pound)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken pieces and buttermilk in a large zip-top bag and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine flour and seasonings in another large plastic bag.
- Remove chicken from first bag (discarding marinade) and shake in flour mixture one piece at a time.
- Shake off excess flour.
- Place chicken pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until done, turning after 20 minutes.