Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A nice lo-fat, lo-calorie chicken that I found in my files. Just wanted to share it for those who don't need/want all the fat and calories in deep-fried food.
- 2 chicken breasts, de-skinned
- 6 saltines, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canned skim milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix dry ingredients together; Dip chicken in milk then roll in dry mix.
- Place on greased pan; bake 400, 30 min; Take from oven, brush with oil, bake 10 minute.
This was an easy, fast way to cook chicken breasts. The breasts came out tasty and moist. I added some molly mcbutter to the mix since saltines are kind of dull compared to something like a Ritz cracker. I also added about 1/4 t. of red pepper to give the chicken a bit of a kick. All in all, it was a good recipe that I will probably use again. Thank you for posting!