Recipe by C.C
I love fried chicken, but I don't need the calories, so I came up with this one. I use chicken breasts but it would be could with any cut of chicken. (I don't like the dark meat on a chicken) It's great with ranch dressing as a dipping sauce.
Top Review by TOFfoodie
Sounds simple, but the recipe turns out with soggy breaded chicken. Measurements are very rough, and don't come out well without changes. Not nearly enough time to cook chicken in an oven, double it at least. Suggest finding other healthy recipes, they are possible.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts into about 3 pieces and put into a ziplock bag, add the buttermilk and marinade overnight, or for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°F and spray a baking sheet with Pam cooking spray.
- Put all the dry ingredients into a ziplock bag and shake to combine.
- Remove chicken from the ziplock bag and shake off any excess buttermilk and add to the breadcrumb mix, add 3 pieces at a time and shake to coat the chicken.
- Remove and place on baking sheet.
- Repeat till all pieces are coated.
- Spray chicken with Pam cooking spray and bake for about 20 minutes.