Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This spring/summer salad is low fat, but it tastes like heaven! If you're watching fat grams and calories, you'll love this medley of fresh vegetables and light pasta.
- 4 cups orzo pasta, cooked and cold rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, fresh, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, fresh, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, small, rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup fat free feta cheese, crumbled small
- Mix all ingredients until coated with dressing.
- Chill one hour and stir before serving.
- (Note: measure orzo after cooked -- this recipe needs 4 cups of COOKED orzo).
Very tasty and easy to make. I could not find FF Feta Cheese, but did use low fat. I was also hoping to find whole wheat orzo, was unable. This recipe makes a lot. Use a large bowl. Thanks so much Kitcharen!