Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a good low-fat recipe that is a switch from seafood.
Make and share this Low-fat Orange Veal Marsala recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb thin veal cutlets or 1⁄2 lb chicken cutlet
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice (no sugar added)
- 1 small orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1⁄4 cup dry marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 dash pepper
- On a sheet of wax paper dredge the veal in flour, coating both sides.
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet heat the margarine and oil until the margarine is melted; add the veal and cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned (about 4-5 minutes) on each side.
- Set veal aside.
- In the same skillet combine the remaining ingredients and cook over high heat until thoroughly heated (about 3-5 minutes).
- Scrape any particles from the bottom of the pan.
- Return veal to skillet and turn to coat with orange mixture; cook until the veal is heated through (about 1-2 minutes).
I liked it, my husband didn't. He doesn't like citrus with meat. It wasn't very Marsala ish- using oranges instead of mushrooms, but I thought the flavor was unique.