Recipe by Kasha
Inspired by an already fantastic recipe by Graybert. This is my ultimate healthy version.
Top Review by BestTeenChef
This was pretty good! It is alittle dense though. I only pureed the first step. The next step I used a spoon to mix the flour mixture. Also I used trail mix(raisins, almond, peanuts, sunflower seed etc) in replace of the raisins and peanuts. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 orange
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, any kind you like
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut orange into pieces.
- Put the WHOLE orange (in pieces) orange juice, egg and applesauce into blender.
- Blend or process until smooth.
- Add flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, blend or process.
- Add raisins and nuts, blend or process just until mixed.
- Pour into 9 x 9 square pan, lightly greased, and bake at 375° in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
- Check at 30 minutes to see if it is cooked.
- Cut into squares and enjoy this, or the original#32086.