Low-Fat Orange Date Nut Bran Muffins (High Fiber)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease one 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine bran cereal, water and oil, stirring until bran softens.
- In a small bowl, whisk buttermilk, Orange Juice, molasses, honey, orange zest, and egg until blended.
- In a small bowl, combine flours, baking soda and salt. Add buttermilk mixture to bran, stirring to combine. Add flour mixture, dates and walnuts to bran mixture, stirring just until flour is moistened.
- Spoon into muffin cups, and bake until top springs back when lightly pressed, about 18 minutes.
- Let cool in pan 5 minutes before removing to wire rack.