Recipe by Audrey M
I make the traditional version of this for Christmas to give out to friends and neighbors. I was so glad to find a lower fat version.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup cranberries or 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix remaining ingredients into flour mixture.
- Stir gently to blend.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Pour in batter.
- Bake 50 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes and release from pan. Serve warm or cool.