Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicious low-fat treat for a Sunday morning breakfast!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix all wet ingredients.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet, and mix together.
- Preheat waffle iron and coat with cooking spray.
- Cook waffles in waffle iron.
I made these this morning. I used 100% whole wheat flour and unsweetened applesauce, but then added two packets of Spenda sugar substitute. They turned out amazing! They cooked really fast however, so the middle of mine were kind of burned. They were still delicious though. Thanks!
I really liked these. I followed the recipe other then I used two eggs instead of the egg beaters. I also used 2% milk instead of skim. I ate one for dinner tonight and we froze some for feature breakfasts. This made five waffles for me. I normally use 3/4 cup of batter but that was a bit too much with this recipe as they overflowed some. I just need to cut back on how much I put in next time.
Good! I used 2 eggs instead of substitute, and might try eithout the cinnamon next time.