Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe I adapted from an old favorite, applesauce muffins. They are high in fibre and low in fat.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Oil or spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Divide into 12 muffins and bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked in centre.
- Remove from pan after 5-10 minutes and let cool.
- place in a airtight container and try not to eat for 24 hours as they will become more moist.
These muffins are delicious, I made them last week with roasted puréed Pumpkin and this week I substituted the Pumpkin for mashed Banana and they were awesome. Thanks for sharing and I will be cooking up another batch next week. :)
The whole family loved these! So very moist, The batter was just as delicious. I will definitely make them again closer to Thanksgiving......
Awesome. I used a little less sugar (about 1/2 a cup) and they were still super-moist and delicious. I also love spices in baking, so I upped the cinnamon and cloves. What a treat. I'll definitely be making these again. (PS--simply irresistible with a little apple butter)