Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A low fat, low sugar treat. I enjoy this recipe because it is sweet, fast, and cost little to make.
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Spray 9x13 inch pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Combine and mix all wet ingredients including shortening.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients stirring thouroughly.
- Pour into pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool.