Recipe by carole in orlando
From George Foreman's recipes, but adapted to my family's taste. Mixed, grilled and then frozen they are ready to microwave and eat in one minute.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 lb lean pork, ground
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 apple, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence
Directions See How It's Made
- In the food processor add the apple and onion and chop into fine pieces. Do not puree.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix well. Be sure all the spices are blended into the mix.
- Heat the George Foreman Grill and make patties out of the sausage mixture in the size your family likes. Grill four patties at a time for four minutes.
- Set aside to cool and continue to grill the patties until all the mixture is used.
- (I freeze about two cups of raw sausage for breakfast casserole recipes).
- I use Press and Seal plastic wrap and when patties are cooled I package four patties for each freezer bag.
- To re-heat just remove as many as you need and microwave for one minute per patty.