Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From George Foreman's recipes, but adapted to my family's taste. Mixed, grilled and then frozen they are ready to microwave and eat in one minute.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 lb lean pork, ground
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 apple, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence
- In the food processor add the apple and onion and chop into fine pieces. Do not puree.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix well. Be sure all the spices are blended into the mix.
- Heat the George Foreman Grill and make patties out of the sausage mixture in the size your family likes. Grill four patties at a time for four minutes.
- Set aside to cool and continue to grill the patties until all the mixture is used.
- (I freeze about two cups of raw sausage for breakfast casserole recipes).
- I use Press and Seal plastic wrap and when patties are cooled I package four patties for each freezer bag.
- To re-heat just remove as many as you need and microwave for one minute per patty.