Recipe by Bunlady
Smooth and creamy and low in fat. If you aren't watching your fats by all means you the regular versions of cream cheese and cool whip. Cook time includes refrigeration time.
Top Review by Marla in California
I made this for Thanksgiving and it was a hit. It is very rich even though it is made with low fat/fat free ingredients. Before putting the Cool Whip on the pie, I heated up some sugar free hot fudge topping and spread it on the pie. After it had chilled for awhile, then I put the Cool Whip on.
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 -8 ounce fat-free cool whip (room temperature)
- 1 (9 inch) reduced fat graham cracker crust
- 1 -2 cup additional fat-free cool whip (room temperature)
- 2 miniature chocolate candy bars, frozen (your favorite)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cream cheese until slightly smooth.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until it is all incorporated. Beat in peanut butter and mix until well blended.
- With spatula fold in 8 ounces of Cool whip until mixture is smooth and creamy and totally blended.
- Pour into graham cracker crust and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving top with up to 2 cups of additional cool whip depending on how thick you like the topping. Take the frozen candy bars and shave them over the top of pie for garnish. I prefer to use a plain chocolate bar, or you can chop up a Reese's peanut butter cup and sprinkle on top for a garnish.