Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I was inspired by the recipe on the back of the Mullers box. I came up with this low-fat version of the original, but don't tell DH it is low fat, he'll never know otherwise. The secret ingredient is cornstarch this keeps the wateriness (is that a word) out of the fat free cheese.
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles (1/2 box or 9 noodles)
- 2 (26 ounce) jars pasta sauce (choose low-fat, I prefer Ragu)
- 1 (20 ounce) package ground turkey breast (99% fat free)
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning (divided)
- 15 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups 2% mozzarella cheese (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown ground turkey and season with 1 T Mrs Dash.
- Add pasta sauce to meat.
- In medium bowl combine, Ricotta cheese, 1T Mrs Dash, egg substitute, parmesan cheese, cornstarch and 1 cup mozzarella. Mix well.
- In a 9x13-inch pan, layer 1 cup sauce, 3 noodles, 1/2 of ricotta mixture, and 1/3 of additional sauce. Continue layers ending with additional sauce.
- Bake covered for 55 minutes, uncover sprinkle with additional cheese and bake for 5 more minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Made this with fat free meatless ground veggie crumbles, fat free Prego sauce and fat free Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. My enire family LOVED it!!! It was just as good as the high fat version I used to make!
This is so delicious! My family and I loved this!! I am trying to eat healthier these days and love lasagna! This turned out so well, I know I will make it this way from now on. I made a double batch and took one pan of it to a friend who just had a baby. She and her family loved it too. And no one but me knew it was a healthy version! Thanks for a great recipe!
This is the best-tasting no-fuss lasagna recipe ever! I love the fact that you don't have to pre-boil the noodles! This scrumptious dish was in the oven in no time flat. What a nice perk that it's even low-fat-friendly! Thanks, MsSally, for an excellent recipe!