Recipe by MsSally
I was inspired by the recipe on the back of the Mullers box. I came up with this low-fat version of the original, but don't tell DH it is low fat, he'll never know otherwise. The secret ingredient is cornstarch this keeps the wateriness (is that a word) out of the fat free cheese.
Top Review by gregmich1
Made this with fat free meatless ground veggie crumbles, fat free Prego sauce and fat free Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. My enire family LOVED it!!! It was just as good as the high fat version I used to make!
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles (1/2 box or 9 noodles)
- 2 (26 ounce) jars pasta sauce (choose low-fat, I prefer Ragu)
- 1 (20 ounce) package ground turkey breast (99% fat free)
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning (divided)
- 15 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups 2% mozzarella cheese (divided)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown ground turkey and season with 1 T Mrs Dash.
- Add pasta sauce to meat.
- In medium bowl combine, Ricotta cheese, 1T Mrs Dash, egg substitute, parmesan cheese, cornstarch and 1 cup mozzarella. Mix well.
- In a 9x13-inch pan, layer 1 cup sauce, 3 noodles, 1/2 of ricotta mixture, and 1/3 of additional sauce. Continue layers ending with additional sauce.
- Bake covered for 55 minutes, uncover sprinkle with additional cheese and bake for 5 more minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.