Recipe by Palmtreesbend
Delicious, versatile, creamy low fat sauce to serve over chicken breast, pasta or rice.
Top Review by queenofeats
I still can't believe that this was (relatively speaking) healthy! The flavor was fabulous and the sauce was very thick and creamy. We used regular light Laughing Cow cheese and a little bit of minced garlic to flavor, then served over baked chicken breasts and a small amount of egg noodles. I now have a substitute when I'm craving Alfredo sauce! My only change in the future would be to add a little bit more chicken broth to the finished sauce, as we thought it was almost a little too rich on its own. Thanks so much for the great recipe! We'll be keeping this one on file.
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 5 pieces Laughing Cow light garlic and herb cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth, plus
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth, for sauteing
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour wine or 1/4 cup broth into saute' pan and heat over medium high heat.
- Place mushrooms in pan and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sauté mushrooms in wine or broth until softened. You can add more as the mushrooms cook down, if needed.
- Add all other ingredients and continue cooking over medium heat until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy.
- You can alter the flavor by changing the flavor of the cheese.
- Serve over chicken, rice, pasta or even vegetables!