From Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger on the Food Network. The calculated weight watchers points for this would be 4 points per 3/4 cup serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Filling
- cooking spray
- 2 (12 ounce) bags frozen mixed berries, thawed (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, finely grated
For the topping
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2In a large bowl, toss the berries with whole wheat flour, sugar and zest. Transfer the berry mixture to the baking dish and set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl whisk together the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons of sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in the butter using 2 knives or a pastry cutter until many small pebble-sized pieces are formed.
- 4In a small bowl or pitcher, whisk together the buttermilk and oil. Add the buttermilk-oil mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just moistened. Do not over mix. Drop the batter onto the fruit forming 6 mounds. Sprinkle with the remaining teaspoon of sugar. Bake for 30 minutes, until fruit is bubbly and top is golden. Let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Mixed Berry Cobbler - Weight Watchers Too!
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.6
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 10.7 mg
- Sodium 194.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen mixed berries