With DH being a diabetic, I am always looking for ways to add veggies into the diet. I found a recipe on the web and did some adjusting to suit our taste. The recipe calls for ground turkey; however, extra-lean ground beef also works well. Top with Creole Sauce Creole Sauce for a fabulous main course! These can be frozen, defrosted in the refrigerator and warmed as needed making this a great recipe for small families or when preparing a meal for one.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a non-stick muffin tin or silicone muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crumble the ground meat into a large bowl; add the shredded carrots, zucchini, onion and green pepper.
- Add the Italian seasoning and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix ingredients lightly with a fork.
- Place the bread in a blender and process until fine crumbs; add the crumbs to the meat mixture along with the egg substitute or egg.
- Mix ingredients with a fork until well blended.
- Separate mixture into 6 equal portions and place in prepared pan, top with ketchup and bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
- Serve immediately with Creole Sauce or allow the meatloaves to cool completely and place in a plastic bag, label, date and seal.
- When ready to prepare the frozen meatloaves, remove what you need from plastic bag, place in refrigerator overnight and reheat in oven or microwave until warm.