1/1 Photo of Low Fat Minestrone Soup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups bottled water
- 2 -3 low-sodium beef bouillon cubes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes (for cooking)
- 1 cup large pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 (24 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added kidney beans, drained
- 1Sauté onion, celery and garlic in oil in large pot or Dutch oven.
- 2Add water and bouillon cubes and bring to a boil to dissolve cubes.
- 3Drain tomatoes and add liquid to pot.
- 4Chop tomatoes and add with pasta shells.
- 5Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 6Add seasonings (and feel free to adjust seasonings to taste), vegetables and beans.
- 7Simmer 15 minutes to heat through.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Minestrone Soup
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.4
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 56.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium beef bouillon cubes
no-salt-added kidney beans