- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups bottled water
- 2 -3 low-sodium beef bouillon cubes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes (for cooking)
- 1 cup large pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 (24 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added kidney beans, drained
- Sauté onion, celery and garlic in oil in large pot or Dutch oven.
- Add water and bouillon cubes and bring to a boil to dissolve cubes.
- Drain tomatoes and add liquid to pot.
- Chop tomatoes and add with pasta shells.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add seasonings (and feel free to adjust seasonings to taste), vegetables and beans.
- Simmer 15 minutes to heat through.
We enjoyed this soup quite a bit! I did have to add a bit more liquid and might have preferred a little bit more tomato but otherwise nice! Oh I did add more salt, but I know MilleÂ® followed a lowsalt diet so that is only to be expected. MilleÂ®, you are indeed missed! ~Sue
Wow! I substituted the water and boullion with three cans of vegetable broth (married to a vegetarian) and the results were heaven. This is now a family favorite!