Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
I cannot actually believe I found such a recipe...haven't had a chance to try it out yet but wanted to share it anyway
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 1 egg white
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 6 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh blueberries or 1 1⁄4 cups frozen blueberries
- Line 6 custard cups with 2 paper liners per cup.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flours, with sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate.
- of soda, and spices. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg white, buttermilk, and oil.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stir until only just combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Using half the mixture, fill each cup half full.
- Microwave on HIGH (90-100%) for 2 minutes. Rotate cups.
- Microwave on HIGH until tops are springy, about 2 minutes.
- Remove muffins from cup. Repeat until all remaining mixture is used.