Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this in a Weight Watcher's cookbook of recipes from the magazine in 2000. This is fast to make and has a nice flavour. Not a zingy dish, but the kids and I enjoyed it. 2/3 of a cup is 3 WW points.
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 5 ounces light processed cheese (Light Velveeta)
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- Boil water for the macaroni. Cook the noodles in the water until done, usually 7-9 minutes.
- While the noodles are cooking cube the cheese.
- When the noodles are done drain them and then return to the pan.
- Add the cubed cheese and taco seasoning. Stir well, until the cheese is melted.
- When melted, add the salsa and serve.
This was very quick and easy and the taste of the salsa and seasoning was a nice addition, but we next time I may try adding in a few handfuls of shredded cheese just to get a cheesier texture.
Quick and easy and very tasty. Thanks for sharing. Another keeper...
Awesome mac and cheese! I used corkscrew pasta for this dish and it turned out very nice. Lots of flavor with the taco seasoning and homemade salsa. Very easy to make and fast as well. I used 8 ounces of light velveeta cheese. Made for "low in" or "Free of" challenge in the photo forum. Thanks Ladypit for another fantasic recipe.