Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
This was in the latest issue of Women's Weekly & thought it would be good to add to the Mexican leg of ZWT III. Great to warm you up on a cold winters days!
- 1⁄3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups low-fat milk
- marshmallows, to serve (optional)
- Combine cocoa, Splenda & cinnamon in a jar, seal & shake to combine.
- Whisk milk in a medium saucepan over low heat until hot, alternatively if you have a cappuccino maker, heat your milk using this.
- To make: Place 2 tablespoons of choc mixture into 4 cups, pour over a little milk & stir to dissolve.
- Add some milk froth to each cup & then top with remaining milk.
- Add some marshmallows if you like & enjoy.
Marvelous, I made a single cup using dark cocoa and skim milk. The cinnamon is, of course, delicious and comforting.
Nice comforting warm drink to have on a cold night here in Florida. I have never had a Mexican hot chocolate and this was very good. I didn't have the splenda granular but the packets, I made 1/2 the recipe which required me to use 2 1/2 packets. Thanks for sharing Mandy!! Made for Holiday tag.
Yum! I scaled the recipe down to make 2 cups. Thanks for a yummy breakfast drink!