Recipe by Johnney
Here is a low-fat version of a Mediterranean Fish Stew, Its full of flavor. I hope you enjoy this recipe as my family does. Let me know how you like it by rating it.
Top Review by Vino p.o. prn
We enjoyed the flavor in this dish a lot but our white fish fillets did not hold up during cooking and a lot of the fish broke apart. The shrimp was wonderful though!! Will try this again maybe using tilapia or snapper fillets!
- 1 lb white fish fillet
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dried tomatoe, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lb plum tomato, diced
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 8 large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 8 large scallops
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut white fish into 1 inch pieces and set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat broth over high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and dried tomatoes; reduce heat to low.
- Saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add lemon juice, red pepper and plum tomatoes; saute.
- 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return to high heat.
- Add clam juice and wine, heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add fish, shrimp, and scallops; stir to mix.
- Cover; simmer 5 minutes or until seafood is cooked through.
- Serve with bread and fat free butter.