Mediterranean dishes ALWAYS appeal to me! ESPECIALLY is they are THIS light and tasty! My inspiration came from the net! Look forward to the first review I get!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1HEAT GRILLER/BROILER.
- 2In saucepan, HEAT 2 tsp lowfat vegetable or chicken broth.
- 3SAUTE finely diced onion, diced garlic and pepper until soft.
- 4ADD 2 cans of diced tomatoes, increase heat slightly and cook 15 minutes until sauce thickens slightly;.
- 5REMOVE from heat and set aside.
- 6SEPARATE 4 egg whites.
- 7MIX together bread crumbs, parmesean cheese and italian season (ie mixed italian dry spices, oregano).
- 8CUT eggplant into 1/4 inch slices.
- 9DIP eggplant in eggwhite and then COAT with seasoned breadcrumbs and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- 10NOTE: Prepared cookie sheet can be covered in aluminum foil or use a low fat cooking spray so the eggplant doesn't stick.
- 11GRILL until brown - about 5 minutes each side.
- 12PREHEAT oven to 425 degrees.
- 13LAYER eggplant, tomatoe mixture in a 2 quart baking casserole dish; continue layers and sauce until completed.
- 14TOP with nonfat mozzerella cheese and BAKE uncovered for 15 minutes.
- 15NOTE: Top should be lightly brown and cheese bubbly.
- 17NOTE: I serve with a bed of rocket, feta and a tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- 18NOTE: Garlic amount is personal preference.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Mediterranean Eggplant (Aubergine) Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.9
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 553.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free vegetable broth