Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
a good substitute for the high-fat homemade version
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- Whisk together water and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Stir continously over a medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Continue stirring and boiling for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture is clear.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and whisk the remaining ingredients, in order listed.
- Refrigerate in a tightly sealed container.
- Should keep about 2 weeks.
On the plus side...I followed the directions and it came together fine. On the fence... After tasting, I did add a bit of salt and pepper. I tried this on a simple green salad and on a sandwich. Checked to see if the mustard was prepared or ground. (It was prepared which is what I used) On the down side...I just didn't care for the texture or the taste of this recipe at all. It reminded me more of a mustard pickle sauce than a mayonnaise. I even tried marinating cukes in it. It just didn't work for my taste buds. Sorry! =(