Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a low fat recipe using Marmite. For those who don't know Marmite it is dark brown-colored savory spread made from yeast and it has a strong, slightly salty flavor. Not easily available in all countries I'm afraid.
- 14 ounces peeled potatoes (although I often leave the skins on and just wash them)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons marmite
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 7 / 220oC / 425oF.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/2 inch wedges.
- Place in a saucepan of water and bring to the boil.
- Then simmer for 8 mins until just cooked on the outside.
- Drain the potatoes thoroughly allowing them to steam for 2 mins to dry off.
- Add the oil and marmite to the saucepan with the potatoes.
- Place on a lid and shake them to coat them.
- Season them on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Bake for 25 mins until crisp and golden turning once.
These are really tasty! Not quite as "Marmitey" as I was expecting, but definitely good - and quite likely something that will get future hubby over his fear of Marmite and Vegemite. I'll make these again, for sure.