Prep 20 mins
Cook 28 mins
110 calories and only 3 grams of fat (each...not the whole pan!)
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 1/4 cups sugar, chips, applesauce and margarine in a large heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly just until chips are melted.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly; stir in egg whites.
- Add flour mixture and vanilla; stir well.
- Spread into a greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Stir together cream cheese, 1 tablespoon sugar and milk in a small bowl.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons over batter; swirl over surface of batter with the back of spoon.
- Bake at 325° for 22 to 28 minutes or until just set.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack and cut into bars.
Delicious! I'd recommend serving it cold. =)